If you are considering dental implants to replace missing teeth, the first step is to schedule an initial consultation with a dentist who specialises in implant dentistry. During this consultation, our dentist will evaluate your oral health, discuss your treatment options, and develop a personalised treatment plan.
Evaluation of Oral Health
During the initial consultation, our dentist will perform a comprehensive oral examination to evaluate your oral health and determine if you are a candidate for dental implants. This examination will include:
- Review of your medical and dental history: We will ask about your medical history, including any chronic conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking. We will also ask about your dental history, including any previous dental procedures or treatments.
- Evaluation of the condition of your teeth and gums: We will examine your teeth and gums for signs of decay, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Evaluation of your jawbone: We will examine your jawbone to determine if it is strong enough to support dental implants. We may take x-rays or use other imaging techniques to evaluate the condition of your jawbone.
- Evaluation of your bite: Your dentist will evaluate your bite to determine if it is aligned properly. Proper alignment is important for the success of dental implants.
Based on the results of this evaluation, we will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants and recommend a treatment plan.
Discussion of Treatment Options
Once your oral health has been evaluated, we will discuss your treatment options with you. There are several types of dental implants. We will explain the pros and cons of each type of implant and recommend the best option for your individual needs.
We will also discuss the different types of dental restorations that can be attached to dental implants, including crowns, bridges, and dentures. We will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each type of restoration and help you choose the best option based on your oral health, lifestyle, and budget.
Development of a Personalised Treatment Plan
After evaluating your oral health and discussing your treatment options, we will develop a personalised treatment plan. This plan will include:
- The number of implants needed – We will determine the number of implants needed based on the number of missing teeth and the condition of your jawbone.
- The type of implant – We will recommend the type of implant that is best suited for your individual needs.
- The type of restoration – We will recommend the type of restoration that will be attached to the implant.
- The timeline for treatment – We will provide you with a timeline for the entire treatment process, including the length of each stage of the treatment, such as implant placement and restoration attachment. The timeline will vary based on your individual needs and the complexity of your case.
- Cost estimate – We will provide you with a cost estimate for the entire treatment process, including the cost of implants, restorations, and any additional procedures that may be necessary, such as bone grafting or extractions. We will also discuss payment options and financing plans that are available to help you cover the cost of treatment.
Preparing for the Initial Consultation
To make the most of your initial consultation for dental implants, it’s important to come prepared. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Bring a list of questions – Write down any questions or concerns you have about dental implants before your appointment, so you don’t forget to ask them during your consultation.
- Bring your medical and dental records – Bring a copy of your medical and dental records, including any x-rays or imaging studies you have had in the past. This will help your dentist evaluate your oral health and develop a personalised treatment plan.
- Wear comfortable clothing – If you are having x-rays or imaging studies done, wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in and does not contain metal, such as a sweatshirt or yoga pants.
- Bring a friend or family member – Consider bringing a friend or family member with you to your consultation for emotional support and to help you remember the information discussed during the appointment.
Why Choose Abbeymount Dental for Dental Implants?
When it comes to dental implants, Abbeymount Dental Care stands out as a top choice. We will help you choose the most suitable type of dental implants based on your unique dental conditions. Our commitment to providing exceptional care and outstanding results makes us a trusted name in the field. What sets us apart is our team of highly skilled professionals, including our renowned implantologist, Omar Al Latif, who brings over 25 years of expertise to our practice. With a personalised approach, Omar and our team understand the unique needs of each patient, ensuring that every dental implant procedure is a success. From the moment you step into our clinic, you’ll experience a warm and friendly environment where your comfort and satisfaction are our priorities. Choose Abbeymount Dental Care for dental implants, and let us restore your smile with precision, care, and the expertise of Omar Al Latif.
What Our Patients Say
Our Location in Edinburgh
📍We are conveniently located at 22 Brunton Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5EJ. Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.📍
Book Your Free Consultation