* A £50 holding deposit is required, which will be refunded to you after the consultation.
Dental Implants in Edinburgh, Free Consultation
We are proud to offer best-in-class dental implants in Edinburgh, along with a free consultation* that brings you one step closer to being able to eat the foods you like, smile confidently, and speak easily. There is no obligation to proceed with treatment after the consultation. Book now to receive a professional assessment of your situation and understand your available options. 0% finance is available if you decide to go ahead, subject to terms and conditions.
Book a Free Consultation
Are you experiencing problems due to missing natural teeth?
If you have missing natural teeth, you may be experiencing one or more of the following issues, including difficulties with chewing, speaking, and smiling, as well as bone loss, shifting of the remaining teeth, and a reduced quality of life.
If left unaddressed, missing teeth can result in further dental problems, such as gum disease and tooth decay, as well as a reduction in jawbone density and facial structure. Additionally, missing teeth can make a person feel self-conscious about their appearance, leading to social and psychological concerns such as anxiety and low self-esteem.
Dental implants are a permanent and effective solution for the problems caused by missing natural teeth. With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime and improve both oral and mental health. Therefore, if you are experiencing problems due to missing natural teeth, dental implants can be an ideal solution for you.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a tiny, metal post that is put into the jawbone during surgery. It acts as an artificial tooth root and is used to replace one or more missing teeth. A crown, bridge, or denture is then placed on top of the implant to complete the restoration. Over time, the implant becomes firmly attached to the jawbone, creating a strong and stable base for the replacement teeth. Dental implants are a great option for restoring a natural-looking and functional smile, and they can also help to keep your other teeth and jawbone healthy. They’re a long-lasting and effective solution for replacing missing teeth.
Watch this short video that shows you how dental implants work.
The benefits of dental implants
Dental implants offer several advantages over other tooth replacement options, such as bridges or dentures. Here are six key benefits of dental implants:
- Improved appearance – Dental implants closely resemble natural teeth and can be tailored to match the colour and shape of your existing teeth, resulting in an enhanced appearance and increased confidence.
- Improved speech – Unlike dentures, which can move around in the mouth, dental implants are securely anchored in the jawbone, providing greater clarity and confidence in speech.
- Improved comfort – Dental implants are a permanent solution and do not require adhesives or other products to hold them in place, making them more comfortable than other tooth replacement options.
- Improved ability to chew – Dental implants work like natural teeth, allowing you to consume your favourite foods without the fear of them slipping or falling out, improving your overall nutrition and enjoyment of food.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants do not necessitate the grinding down of adjacent teeth, as is the case with bridges, thus helping to protect the health of your remaining natural teeth and improve your overall oral health.
- Durability – With proper care, dental implants can endure for many years, if not a lifetime, making them a cost-effective long-term alternative to other tooth replacement options.
The dental implant procedure is a comprehensive and meticulously executed process designed to replace missing teeth with artificial ones that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Initial Consultation: The journey begins with an initial consultation where you’ll meet with our experienced implantologist, Omar Al Latif. During this appointment, your oral health will be assessed, and a treatment plan will be tailored to your unique needs. X-rays and impressions may be taken to evaluate bone density and determine the best course of action.
- Implant Placement: The next step involves surgically placing the dental implant into the jawbone beneath the gum line. This titanium implant serves as the foundation for your new tooth. Local anaesthesia ensures you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Healing and Osseointegration: After implant placement, a healing period is required, typically lasting several weeks. During this time, the bone surrounding the implant gradually fuses with it in a process called osseointegration, providing a stable and strong foundation.
- Abutment Placement: Once osseointegration is complete, an abutment, a small connector post, is attached to the implant. This step is necessary to securely hold the artificial tooth or crown in place.
- Custom Restoration: Impressions of your teeth are taken to create a custom-made crown that matches your natural teeth in shape, size, and colour. This restoration will be attached to the abutment to complete the implant.
- Final Placement: The final dental crown is securely attached to the abutment, creating a seamless and natural-looking result. The implantologist ensures that your bite is comfortable and functional.
- Follow-up Care: After your dental implant is in place, regular follow-up appointments are scheduled to monitor your progress and address any concerns. It’s crucial to maintain good oral hygiene and attend routine dental check-ups to ensure the longevity of your implant.
How long will my implants last?
The lifespan of dental implants can vary depending on several factors, including your oral hygiene habits, lifestyle factors, and the quality of the implant and restoration. With proper care and maintenance, however, dental implants can last for many years or even a lifetime.
The implant itself is typically made of biocompatible materials such as titanium or zirconia, which are designed to fuse with the surrounding bone in a process called osseointegration. This creates a strong, permanent foundation for the restoration, which is usually a crown, bridge, or denture.
The restoration may need to be replaced or repaired over time due to normal wear and tear, but the implant itself can last for many years. In fact, studies have shown that dental implants have a success rate of up to 95% over a 10-year period, and many patients have had their implants for 20 years or more.
To ensure the longevity of your dental implants, it’s important to practice good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly and attending regular dental check-ups and cleanings. Avoiding smoking and maintaining a healthy diet can also help promote oral health and reduce the risk of implant failure.
Why choose Abbeymount Dental for dental implants?
When it comes to dental implants, Abbeymount Dental Care stands out as a top choice. Our commitment to providing exceptional care and outstanding results makes us a trusted name in the field. What sets us apart is our team of highly skilled professionals, including our renowned implantologist, Omar Al Latif, who brings over 25 years of expertise to our practice. With a personalised approach, Omar and our team understand the unique needs of each patient, ensuring that every dental implant procedure is a success. From the moment you step into our clinic, you’ll experience a warm and friendly environment where your comfort and satisfaction are our priorities. Choose Abbeymount Dental for dental implants, and let us restore your smile with precision, care, and the expertise of Omar Al Latif.
What people are saying about us
Our Location in Edinburgh
📍We are conveniently located at 22 Brunton Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5EJ. Reaching us is straightforward, whether by car or public transportation.📍